Please send resumes to: Careers@silexdata.com
Silex is looking for an Accounting Assistant. This person will be responsible for assisting Accountant and Executives with basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks to ensure the accounting department runs smoothly ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Responsibilities and duties at Silex:
- Assist executives and other financial professionals with creating and editing financial documents
- Organize the bookkeeping processes of the company
- Evaluate financial budgets over multiple divisions of the company and track expenses
- Draft and report financial presentations monthly
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations
- Multiple state unemployment and withholding tax research and implementation
- Running payroll twice a month, calculating pay for employees determining calculations for commission pay, HSA, 401k, benefits, etc
- Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee information or benefits such as job title changes, exemptions, savings deductions
- Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, tax deductions, vacations, and non-taxable wages
- Processing and issuing W2 forms to employees
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and answering any employee payroll queries
- Managing expense reports and reimbursements
- Issue invoices to customers and partners as needed
- Degree in Finance in Accounting
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software (Quickbooks)
- Experience using advanced functions in Excel
- Experience in creating sustainable processes and iterative process improvement, attention to detail and proven organizational skills
- Communication skills including presenting information in a clear and concise manner to various audiences.
- Ability to handle sensitive confidential information
- Capable of working from home Monday – Friday 8pm to 5pm.
About Silex Data Solutions
Silex Data Solutions is a minority owned Value-Added-Reseller and Systems Integrator Based in Franklin, TN. Silex was founded by a group of industry veterans who saw a need to shift the discussion from infrastructure to a customer data strategy. We are made up of a diverse group of individuals with decades of experience at all levels of the IT industry: former customers, resellers, and manufacturers.
We leverage this knowledge to ensure a positive experience when our customers embark on new IT projects and initiatives and our success is fueled by the success of our customers. Join the Silex team and be a part of our diverse and ever-growing company culture.
Job Type: Remote, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year